Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Regents Park 10k - 14th - 38:00

Saturday saw me run in my first 10k in what has been a very long time.....I don't think I ran any straight 10's last season so this was due to be a bit of a shock to the system.Based on my running of recent, I was confident that it should be not be too bad a performance as I had got to the stage where I was running sub 4min/km quite comfortably.

Set the Garmin off at 37:00 pace thinking that was the best that I could possibly hope for, especially considering as my PB on that course is only 36:54.

After the second lap, I was still on target to hit the 37 dead, but I knew I would lose some time on the last lap as I could feel that I was starting to slow a bit. Eventually finished with 38:00 which I was quite happy with really...would have liked to have been in the 37's but it is as near as really.







No comments: