Thursday, March 05, 2009

My New Cervelo

Recently, I had been spending a large amount of time trying to decide whether or not I wanted or in fact 'needed' a new racing bike and what sort of bike I should get bearing in mind the limitations on finance and space. For ages I had been thinking that the Boardman Team bike would be a good bet as it was such a good deal for £1000. However, as part of my extensive and time consuming trawling of the internet looking at the various options, I stumbled upon the Royles page and I suddenly found exactly the right thing. They had a Cervelo Team Soloist with full Ultegra groupset for not much more than the Boardman. My TT bike is a Cervelo and I am massively impressed with that and I could not find one bad review for the Soloist. So, it arrived yesterday and I have already done my first ride...it is quite amazing how different it feels to the heavy battered and bruised Ribble which has now been sold. That was part of the plan...I am actually decreasing the number of bikes that I own as the Ribble has already sold and I'll be selling the Langster once I have got it all sorted out.

So...here she is..



This is last year's model of the Soloist (hence the £700 reduction on the price tag) and perhaps the last one they will make as it has now been replaced with the S1.


No comments: