Wednesday, June 04, 2008

25 Miles = 53:17

Last Sunday I had another go at a 25 mile TT...I had done one the week before and, even though I managed to finish second, the wind on the day meant that the times were never going to be that good. I also had the added problem on that day of a very slow puncture which meanth my carbon disc wheel was getting closer to the tarmac all the way to the finish. Anyway, I finished that one in 55:10 and, thanks to some other London Dynamo boys I was able to get 2nd prize and the Team prize for the day.

Last Sunday was on a course which is not really the fastest round this way, albeit, it is not bad. There are a few hills, but there are large sections where you can still get into a good rhythm. It started to rain on the way down as well, not really a good sign, especially as there are about 5 roundabouts to navigate.

8:05 rolled round though and it was time for me to set-off. I felt a lot better this time though and the bike felt good as well. I had lowered the seat a fraction and I reckon this made things a lot more comfortable, especially for someone who pretty much rides right on the front of the thing.



25 miles went past before I knew it though and, if what my watch was telling me was correct, I knew I had done a good time. At 45.5kph, I was hopefuly of just slipping under 53, but alas it was 53:17 on the line - enough for another 2nd place and this also maintains my run of podium finishes this season....as in, every race triathlon or biking race I have finished in the top 3.

Results

Write Up

No comments: