Monday, March 26, 2007

Swimathon 2007

Just a quick note to say that on Saturday I managed to do the 5,000m Swimathon challenge at Hampton Open Air Pool.

When I initially signed up, I wanted to go under 1:15 but in the end I managed a 1:15:37 which I am pretty pleased with actually - especially as I had some time off from swimming a couple of weeks ago.

The time pretty much equates to doing more than three Olympic distance swims in about 22:xx which I am pleased with, especially as this was without the use of any wetsuit or any drafting possibilities.

Hopefully this means that the sub 21 minute swim for this season is on anyway.


2 comments:

Jonny said...

5000 metres!

WTF!

RJL said...

Yep, you used to be able to do a 10,000m but I think they have stopped offering it now...otherwise I would have given that a go.