Wednesday, July 19, 2006

TEAM GREAT BRITAIN

After a few weeks of waiting around wondering if any of the 25-29 group would drop out, I finally got the call yesterday from Barry at the BTA. The winner at Wakefield has pulled out for unknown reasons and therefore, as the first reserve, I am being called into action.


So, have been frantically trying to sort things out since then...I think I have now done all I need to do at this stage. I have paid for my entry fee and have booked a hotel and a flight to get me out to Switzerland for the end of August.

Have also ordered myself the GBR kit that I need to race in and I splashed out a bit and got a couple of extra shirts...its not every day you get to wear GB kit!



Now all I need to do is work out how best to set the bike up for the course - apparently it is a pretty hilly route (not my cup of tea) and there are a lot of fast descents and corners - nice!

Some links:

British Triathlon
Lausanne 2006

No comments: