Friday, April 28, 2006

Thames Turbo - 1st Triathlon






Competed in my first triathlon on the Bank holiday Monday (17th April). After a dreaful swim where my stroke was poor and speed was also nothing to write home about (finished 30th), I managed to pull back a large number of places on the bike to record the 7th fastest time. The run was pretty painful to start with as this was pretty much the first time I had done the switch from bike to run. Still, managed to finish 13th overall which I was pretty chuffed with in the end, especially as it was my first one and that I knew I had a fair bit left in the tank. The swim and run time can definitely improve and the bike time should come down - I was very unlucky with the compulsory stops at traffic lights, having to stop 3 times in total.


No comments: